Monday, April 9, 2018

What am I looking for?

Haypress Campsite in the Golden Gate National Recreation Area
7 inches of rain in 16 hrs. A record for San Francisco.
My first night and I stayed mostly dry!

 Jonen, Nate, Chica

One of the reasons people fall in love with the California Coast

Guerrilla camping in the Redwoods near Pescadero


So a biker about my age approached me right after leaving the Golden Gate bridge, came up to me and asked point blank, "What are you looking for?"  I replied, "I'm not looking for anything."  He then said, "I hope you find it."  Made me think.  I am looking for that state of being and of mind where I am not looking for anything, but where I am open to whatever comes. Pedaling helps me do this. 

This goal puts me at odds with much of American culture but not all of it.  Thoreau would have understood it and John Muir and Annie Dilliard and many others.

Pedal on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

HomeThr

With three of my favorite friends on Venice Beach in LA  :) Bart and Paddy on Venice Beach on Saturday I flew home on Saturday. I ...