Sunday, April 15, 2018

Down the coast...

Some California campgrounds are sublime, some are not. San Simeon is a ghetto
crammed with people, pushed up against the HWY 1, dirty bathrooms and showers. My first negative experience
this year.  Plaskett and Banuto were divine.  Quiet, clean, space between people.  $5 per night with a shower.

The beach north of Cayusco.  Waves mesmerizing.  Gravitational energy shaping our world.
So I head down the coast to see an old friend and her husband from Park City who live in LA and a friend of my sister who lives in Los Olivos.  Only days now.  Then I will head home from LA to SLC on Amtrak.  I am well aware of all the political turmoil, but for now my focus is on the road and the rhythm. Although the horror of Syria, especially the children, haunts me and moves me to give to UNICEF's fund for Syria.  I encourage you to consider the same. 

Many of these coastal towns (Monterey, Carmel, Cayucos) are so rich, or at least the rich live there.  Not so attractive for me. I prefer communities that are diverse and connected. I wonder where Kai and his dog Black Lightning are now?  I wish them well. They are heading for LA too. We are the same but on different tracks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

HomeThr

With three of my favorite friends on Venice Beach in LA  :) Bart and Paddy on Venice Beach on Saturday I flew home on Saturday. I ...